Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
An orange colour yummy sweet, specially posted while thinking of Jessica Lee and Morgan Lee. It takes some time, but then, all good things do;-) This halwa is firm and chewy.
- 500 g caster sugar
- 115 g arrowroot
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ghee, as required
- 60 g almonds
- 30 pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups of water.
- Stir and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve lined with muslin cloth.
- Mix arrowroot powder with 1.
- 5 cups cold water to make a thin paste.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns into one lump-less lump!
- Add lime juice.
- Stir away!
- Gradually add the sugar syrup.
- When the mixture sticks to the base of the pan, add 1 tablespoons.
- Repeat this step until the mixture becomes a lump again!
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Smooth down with a greased spoon.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store refrigerated for upto 4 days.