Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An orange colour yummy sweet, specially posted while thinking of Jessica Lee and Morgan Lee. It takes some time, but then, all good things do;-) This halwa is firm and chewy.
- 500 g caster sugar
- 115 g arrowroot
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ghee, as required
- 60 g almonds
- 30 pistachios
- Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups of water.
- Stir and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve lined with muslin cloth.
- Mix arrowroot powder with 1.
- 5 cups cold water to make a thin paste.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns into one lump-less lump!
- Add lime juice.
- Stir away!
- Gradually add the sugar syrup.
- When the mixture sticks to the base of the pan, add 1 tablespoons.
- Repeat this step until the mixture becomes a lump again!
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Smooth down with a greased spoon.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store refrigerated for upto 4 days.