An orange colour yummy sweet, specially posted while thinking of Jessica Lee and Morgan Lee. It takes some time, but then, all good things do;-) This halwa is firm and chewy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups of water.
- 2Stir and boil for 5 minutes.
- 3Strain through a sieve lined with muslin cloth.
- 4Mix arrowroot powder with 1.
- 55 cups cold water to make a thin paste.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns into one lump-less lump!
- 7Add lime juice.
- 8Stir away!
- 9Gradually add the sugar syrup.
- 10When the mixture sticks to the base of the pan, add 1 tablespoons.
- 12Repeat this step until the mixture becomes a lump again!
- 13Fold in the nuts.
- 14Pour into a greased pan.
- 15Smooth down with a greased spoon.
- 16Allow to cool.
- 17Cut into squares and serve.
- 18Store refrigerated for upto 4 days.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karachi Halwa II
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g