Recipe by ladyfingers
My very German parents loved this Polish dish. It is from A Taste Of The Country Cookbook.
Top Review by Well_Done
I'm eating this dish as I write this review :) --- THIS RECIPE IS AWESOME. I layer this in my crock pot and from bottom to top add cream of mushroom soup, two sliced potatoes, 1 pkg of mushrooms, cabbage, onion, kraut, caraway seeds, kielbasa slices, browned hot Italian sausage. Food just doesn't get any better than this. And, this freezes pretty good too! Thank you ladyfingers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh trimmed, pieces pork (any type, cut in bite-size pieces)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Polish sausage (sliced in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 quart sauerkraut (fresh preferred)
- 1⁄4 head coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork and onion in hot skillet until pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked pork and onion with all other ingredients in a 5 quart Dutch oven or slow cooker. Mix lightly.
- Simmer all day.
- The longer you cook this, the better it tastes.