Recipe by oharaj5
Best German potato salad I have ever had. Perfected over time.
Top Review by teresas
DH and I really enjoyed this German potato salad. It has all the right ingredients to be a true German dish. We normally have ours cold, so this was a nice change. The hardest part was peeling and dicing the potatoes while still on the hot side. Thanks for posting. :)
- 6 potatoes
- 226.79 g bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes, peel and cube.
- Dice raw bacon and fry in large skillet until browned.
- remove bacon bits.
- saute onions in bacon grease until soft.
- stir in flour.
- mix together vinegar,water salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add mixture gradually, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth.
- added potatoes and bacon. heat thoroughly.