Recipe by oharaj5
Best German potato salad I have ever had. Perfected over time.
Top Review by teresas
DH and I really enjoyed this German potato salad. It has all the right ingredients to be a true German dish. We normally have ours cold, so this was a nice change. The hardest part was peeling and dicing the potatoes while still on the hot side. Thanks for posting. :)
- 6 potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes, peel and cube.
- Dice raw bacon and fry in large skillet until browned.
- remove bacon bits.
- saute onions in bacon grease until soft.
- stir in flour.
- mix together vinegar,water salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add mixture gradually, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth.
- added potatoes and bacon. heat thoroughly.