Recipe by Rita~
An adopted recipe that I tweaked.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I cut the recipe in half as it is only DH and myself. I used vermouth instead of opening a new bottle of wine just for this. We really enjoyed this meal and will look forward to using this recipe again. Kudos on a great find!!
- 24 ounces veal cutlets, pounded lightly just to even (4 @ 6oz each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ounces capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk or 3 tablespoons cream
- pickled beet, Sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle cutlets with lemon juice and season with salt, pepper, paprika and flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry cutlets for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Turn cutlets over and add drained capers to pan.
- Fry again for 3 minutes; remove cutlets and arrange on a preheated platter.
- Pour wine into pan, scraping loose any brown particles from bottom of the pan.
- Add bay leaf, simmer liquid 3 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Blend in evaporated milk or cream and adjust seasonings.
- Pour over cutlets.
- Cut beets into strips and arrange on lettuce leaves as a garnish.