Recipe by Jostlori
This is a sweet sticky rice with grated fresh coconut and roasted sesame seeds, then topped with mango. Additional toppings can include sweetened coconut cream, coconut custard, and a mixture of dried shrimp, sugar, coconut flakes and shredded kaffir lime leaves. Yum!
- 2 cups sticky rice (see my recipe Easy Sticky Rice (In a Pasta Pot))
- 2 cups fresh coconut flakes (fresh grated coconut)
- 2 ounces sesame seeds, dry roasted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm sticky rice with the grated coconut. Transfer the mixture to an 8 inch pyrex pie plate, and place in the steamer basket insert for a pasta pot.
- Fill the pasta pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Insert the steamer basket insert, cover, and let steam for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the roasted sesame seeds, sugar, and salt. Add the steamed sticky rice mixture and stir gently but well to combine. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- To serve, pack the sticky rice into custard cups or ramekins to shape, then invert onto an individual dessert plate. Serve with mango slices. You may add additional toppings as you like (sweetened coconut milk or cream, coconut custard, etc.).