- 2 ounces butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wild mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat until soft and transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and raise the heat to high and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, or until most of the moisture has evaporated .
- Add the stock, cream, salt and pepper, bring to the boil and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until the sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.