Recipe by Um Safia
Kansiyé is a stew which is serve with rice. This is a very traditional dish in Guinea & is easy to make. Posted for ZWT 4.
Top Review by Chef Red Fox
Delicious. The flavors were awesome. The peanut butter blends in perfectly with the spices. I too added less water and used diced tomotoes. I seasoned my meat overnight with thyme, ground cloves, and meat tenderizer. I used the shoulder cut of lamb and cut it into cubes myself.
- 1 lb beef or 1 lb lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- cooked rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil in 10-inch frying pan.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, parsley and clove.
- Combine tomato sauce and 1 cup water, add to meat mixture and stir well. Dilute peanut butter in remaining cup of water and add to mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Serve hot over the cooked rice.