Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Kansiyé is a stew which is serve with rice. This is a very traditional dish in Guinea & is easy to make. Posted for ZWT 4.
- 1 lb beef or 1 lb lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- cooked rice, to serve
- Brown meat in oil in 10-inch frying pan.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, parsley and clove.
- Combine tomato sauce and 1 cup water, add to meat mixture and stir well. Dilute peanut butter in remaining cup of water and add to mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Serve hot over the cooked rice.
Delicious. The flavors were awesome. The peanut butter blends in perfectly with the spices. I too added less water and used diced tomotoes. I seasoned my meat overnight with thyme, ground cloves, and meat tenderizer. I used the shoulder cut of lamb and cut it into cubes myself.
Soooo good! Am always looking for new lamb recipes. As with previous reviewer, I used canned diced tomatoes instead of sauce and reduced the water to about 1-1/2C. I do most of my stews soups and crock pot recipes in a pressure cooker. Pressure cooked for about 15 min. Superb flavor. This will go in spring and fall rotations when lamb most available. Thanks Um Safia
Yum! This is so easy to prepare. The only change I made was use a 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes in place of the sauce and 1 cup of water instead of the 2 cups called for. If I had a can of chick peas they would have gone it! Thanks for our yummy dinner.