Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My favorite roll recipe. Makes excellent dinner rolls, or can be used to make cinnamon rolls.
Make and share this Kansas Pan Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Heat milk to scalding in microwave.
- Stir in butter and sugar.
- Cool slightly and pour into bread maker.
- Make sure milk is cool enough, then add egg.
- Add 3/ 1/2 cups of flour, salt and yeast.
- Run dough cycle. Check consistency of dough-it should be slightly sticky, but form a ball in the pan. Add additional flour or milk as needed.
- When through with cycle, remove dough from pan, shape as desired and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.
- (Optional) Remove rolls from oven about 5 minutes before they are done.
- Brush melted butter over top, then return to oven until golden brown. This will give you a beautiful golden color on top of the rolls.
Great tasting dinner rolls. I used my KA mixer to knead & after the first rising formed half into love knots & half into butterhorns. After second rise I baked them 18 minutes but could have done 16 or 17. The butterhorns rose higher & started getting too brown on top. But other than that, they were great. Thanks for sharing Dragonfly AZ! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for US Regional Alphabet Tag - March 2008.
Excellent rolls ~ Tall, soft, and nicely sweet! I included about 30% whole wheat flour and kneaded the dough in my KitchenAid stand mixer. After a one hour rise I shaped the rolls, allowed them to rise until doubled, and then baked for seventeen minutes. I'm looking forward to making some great cinnamon rolls next time from this keeper recipe ~ Thanks for posting it!
This was the first time I have used just the dough cycle on my bread machine. The rolls were so light and tasty. Easy way to prepare the dough. Will make again. Thanks Dragonfly AZ. Bullwinkle.