Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
My favorite roll recipe. Makes excellent dinner rolls, or can be used to make cinnamon rolls.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Great tasting dinner rolls. I used my KA mixer to knead & after the first rising formed half into love knots & half into butterhorns. After second rise I baked them 18 minutes but could have done 16 or 17. The butterhorns rose higher & started getting too brown on top. But other than that, they were great. Thanks for sharing Dragonfly AZ! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for US Regional Alphabet Tag - March 2008.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope yeast
- extra melted butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk to scalding in microwave.
- Stir in butter and sugar.
- Cool slightly and pour into bread maker.
- Make sure milk is cool enough, then add egg.
- Add 3/ 1/2 cups of flour, salt and yeast.
- Run dough cycle. Check consistency of dough-it should be slightly sticky, but form a ball in the pan. Add additional flour or milk as needed.
- When through with cycle, remove dough from pan, shape as desired and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.
- (Optional) Remove rolls from oven about 5 minutes before they are done.
- Brush melted butter over top, then return to oven until golden brown. This will give you a beautiful golden color on top of the rolls.