Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is one of my favorite desserts! How can you go wrong with Oreo cookies and cool whip? Cooking Time is freezing time.
Top Review by kuhbailey
This has been a staple at family gatherings since before I was born :). I'm pretty sure half the people who would come were there just for the dirt cake - not the family ;). You can't go wrong with this one - a frozen custard like middle with oreos on top and bottom. My grandma is who made it every year and swore by 2 things - only use Oreo cookies and only use French Vanilla pudding. The French Vanilla pudding can be a bit hard to find, but it really does give it that extra something that pushes it over the top :).
- 1 (16 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush oreo cookies in a blender or food processor.
- Put half of the crushed cookies on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix together the pudding and milk.
- Chill until set.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in prepared pudding and Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over cookie crumbs.
- Top with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Freeze at least 8 hours before serving.