Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this rub from an Internet BBQ newsletter. Although meant for ribs it could also be used for chicken.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup celery salt
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients and evenly coat the ribs with the dry rub, wrap with plastic wrap and then foil. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours but overnight is best.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to cook the ribs, remove them from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Cook using your favorite method.
Awesome! It does make a lot of rub, which I used the extra for a bbq sauce. Even DH loved it!
I used this rub on beer-can chicken, and it turned out pretty good. I cut the sugar, however, down by half. This also makes quite a bit. I made half the recipe, and I still have enough for another day.