Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a sweet style barbecue sauce!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat until bubbly and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 20 minutes. For a thicker sauce, simmer longer; for a thinner sauce, less time is needed. Sauce can also be thinned by using a bit of water.
- Brush sauce onto any kind of meat during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
Made for PRMR!<br/>Not a very hard sauce to make. Very Flavorful. I will be making this again soon. Thanks or the recipe!
Easy! Sweet with a slight pep kick, just as I like my BBQ sauce. I used local butter, my own roasted tomato puree, celery seed instead of celery salt, a little bit of Spanish smoked paprika in place of some of the regular paprika. Simmered uncovered 20 minutes which was perfect: not thin but not too thick. Reviewed for Photo Tag/Early Fall.