Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the Kansas City Barbecue Society Cookbook. (Note: The chilling time is included in the prep calculation.)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 (8 ounce) top loin beef, steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- Combine horseradish, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, and the bouillon granules.
- Trim fat from the meat.
- Rub mixture on both sides of steaks.
- Cover; chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Grill on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 12 to 15 minutes for medium).
Sorry, maybe this marinade would work on a cheaper piece of meat, but on NY Strip Steak, the texture of the meat became mealy. The insides were perfect so I know it wasn't the meat, it was the marinade. I also did not particularly care for the flavor, even though I love all these ingredients.