Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
- 3 pork baby back rib racks
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In an 8-qt saucepot place ribs, quartered onion, orange, peppercorns, coriander and enough water to cover, heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until ribs are fork-tender. Move ribs to a platter.
- In a 2-qt saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted, add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, heat to boiling over high heat. REduce heat to low and simmer until thickened stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for cooking over medium heat.
- Put ribs on the hot grill rack, cover grill and grill ribs until browned, about 10 minutes turning about halfway through. Brush the ribs with some sauce and grill another 5 to 10 minutes longer brushing and turning frequently.