Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store any unused rub in a sealed container in the freezer.
I made the rub as directed. I used it on chicken and pork before barbequeing. The first impression is of sweetness, then spicyness. It was delicious on both meats, and obviously doesn't add any fat.
Great Rub!!! Only problem is it's about as addictive as it gets!!! Now I'm rubbing EVERYTHING, chicken, pork, beef, ribs, my ex-wife, no wait, that's rubbing out not in (just kidding). Seriously though This is a wonderful recipe and really enhances the taste of meat and poultry. Try it! You'll LIKE it!!!
Fantastic dry rub. Used this on "beer can chicken" (chicken cooked on grill plopped onto a beer can). GREAT DRY RUB!!!