Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Pillsbury recipe site. I used smoked beef sausages, plain onions and some caramelized onions I had left over from a different meal, toasted the bun, warmed up the BBQ pork in the microwave and in no time at all lunch was ready! What a wonderful break from the usually hotdog sandwich.
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 cup lloyd's barbeque pork in honey hickory barbecue sauce (from 18-oz container, refrigerated)
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1⁄2 cup pickle, slices
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- mustard, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Place hot dogs on grill over medium heat. Cook uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until hot.
- Place sauce with pork in medium microwavable bowl; cover loosely. Microwave on high 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until hot. Place hot dogs on buns. Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce with pork on each bun. Top with pickles, onions and mustard.
- To broil hot dogs, set oven control to broil. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place hot dogs on cookie sheet. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until hot.