Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Courtesy of Zarda Bar-B-Q featured on BBQwith Bobby Flay. I haven't tried this one yet, but thought it might be nice.
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 12 ounces water
- 8 ounces white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces celery juice
- 6 ounces barbecue seasoning, your favorite blend
- 6 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 1⁄4 ounce cornstarch
- 1 -2 drop liquid smoke (recommend Wright Liquid Smoke)
- 1 ounce salt
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix tomato paste and water together until smooth.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, in order.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce reaches 190 degrees F, about 5 to 10 minutes.