Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling; refrigeration time 8-12 hours.
Make and share this Kansas City Boneless Rib Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Make the rub: using a spice grinder or mortar/pestle, crush the black peppercorns and mustard seeds.
- Transfer to a small bowl with the remaining rub ingredients.
- Trim excess fat from roast; brush the meat with Worcestershire sauce and coat evenly with the rub.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8-12 hours.
- Let roast stand at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before grilling.
- Grill the roast over indirect medium heat, keeping the grill’s temerpature between 350° and 375°, until the internal temperature reaches 135° for medium rare, about 2 hours.
- Remove roast from the grill, loosely cover with foil, and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- The internal temperature will rise 5-10° during this time.
- Cut into ½-inch slices; serve warm.
The rub was eazy to do. It made the roast tender. I like the favor of the roast. I will make it again. Chef#220151