Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an amazing rub that came for the Food Network website on Emeril's page. It give any kind a meat a really good flavor.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence (see recipe for Essence)
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine breaking up any lumps that appear. Use for any meat that you want to grill, rotisserie, or smoke (i.e. Beef Brisket, Pork Loin, Salmon, Steak, etc). Rub meat with Olive Oil on all sides. Sprinkle rub on all sides of the meat and rub it inches
- Store left over rub in an airtight container.
I tried this recipe on some pork ribs on memorial day. They turned out wonderful. I made 2 small changes. I was out of kosher salt and used sea salt instead. I also substituted garlic powder for garlic salt as I felt there was enough salt already in the recipe. It turned out so well I made a quart of it to keep on hand for the summer.
One word.....Amazing! My family and I loved this recipe!!! I did not have any Emerils Essence nor did I have any all spice and it still came out fabulous. I create this rub and keep it in a bottle so i have it on hand. Thanks for sharing. I will recommend it to all my friends and family!
Great rub! I used this on London Broil with worcestershire sauce and broiled it...yummy! My DH liked it alot, my little girl didn't (she's really not into spicy foods). It's a little too spicy for little ones but the adults will love this. It has a nice Southwest kind of flavor. This mix makes alot, too!