Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These beans are from a friend's recipe file--we had them with some killer barbecue and they are really good. I like the addition of the apple and the raisins--it really gives it a different flavor.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and pepper in a 1/2 quart casserole. Top with bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.