Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have never had kangaroo, but couldn't resist posting this for ZWT8. Serve with steamed rice.
- 1 lb kangaroo fillet, sliced in strips
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided (may need more)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 10 small button mushrooms, halved
- 1 bok choy, cleaned (separate stalks away from leaves, reserving all)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder or 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder, mixed with 2 oz water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place kangaroo strips into a large bowl or platter.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce and cornstarch into a paste. Work this mixture into the kangaroo strips and marinate for up to 20 minutes.
- Heat half of the oil in a wok or non stick frying pan on high heat. Add a small amount of the garlic then stir fry the kangaroo strips in two batches very quickly until the strips are just seared on the outside, remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil in pan.
- Add the rest of the garlic and onions to the wok and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cashews; add the broccoli and carrots, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, bok choy stalks, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, fish sauce, honey and the chicken bouillon mixture and stir. Fry another 2 minutes.
- Return kangaroo strips to pan along with bok choy leaves and oyster sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with steamed rice.