Recipe by Ben Ross
This Pasta does not have kangaroo in it. The name comes from what I was watching out the window when I first made this dish. One day I started cooking and 2 kangaroo started hopping past my window so I gave it this name. I must say a lot of the credit of this recipe goes to Candice. She is my girlfriend and a good cook. I live in the semioutback of Australia.
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices pineapple
- 400 g fettuccine
- 200 ml capsicum salsa
- 60 g tomato paste
- 100 ml pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fettuccine until it is soft.
- Cut up the bacon, capsicum and pineapple.
- Start cooking the bacon in some oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Drain water off of the pasta.
- Add the capsicum to the bacon in the frying pan.
- After a couple of minutes add the pasta.
- Leave the frying pan on medium heat.
- Cook for a minute and then add the capsicum salsa and the tomato paste.
- Stir the sauces through so that all of the pasta has a coating of sauce.
- After a couple minutes start adding the pineapple juice a bit at a time.
- Do not add it all at once.
- Now add the pineapple.
- Keep adding a bit more pineapple juice every few minutes.
- How much you add is up to you.
- The more you add the sweeter it gets.
- Keep stirring the pasta.
- After 10 minutes everything should be ready.
- Eat and enjoy!