Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from week 16 of my food blog, Travel by Stove. I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Australia is my 16th stop. Much of the food served in Australia is indistinguishable from American or European food, except for this one: kangaroo. You probably won't find this meat at your local Safeway, but many specialty grocers can order it.
- 1 lb miced kangaroo meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix the kangaroo mince with the onion, garlic and cilantro. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the meat into four patties. Heat the oil over a medium hot flame and pan fry burgers until medium rare (if kangaroo is overcooked it will become dry and chewy).
- Serve on toasted burger buns with lettuce leaves and bush tomato chutney.