Prep 3 mins
Cook 40 mins
Kangaroo "Bolognese" spaghetti. Really basic. Very healthy.
- 500 g kangaroo mincemeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 500 g diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- fresh basil
- fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dorrigo mountain pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon myrtle
- 400 g spaghetti or 400 g bucatini pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Brown onions and garlic over medium heat with oil.
- Raise temperature, brown mince.
- Deglaze with wine.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus pasta).
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Serve sauce over pasta, top with cheese.
Made as written for My Three Chef's 2013. Delicious and worth the trouble of finding the aussie spices. I would double the vegemite next time though.