Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is not vegetarian. This recipe is from the kitchen of a local Thai restaurant near my home town.
Top Review by vaavale1
This was very nice and so easy to make. I didn't add tofu( personal choice) added some mushroom to bulk it up, and a little grated carrot, for color, I too, added pepper to the meat. Very healthy and filling . Thanks for posting.
- 7 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon nam pla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced (garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pork, garlic, and salt in a small bowl and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Using a small teaspoon, drop small bits of the pork mixture into the soup (like mini meatballs) and bring the mixture back to a boil again.
- Add the tofu, bok choy, and season with the fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with the green onions and cilantro leaves.