Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good solid deli chicken salad.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (optional)
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl mixing thoroughly.
- Chill before serving.
- Boil chicken in water for 30 minutes with a few chunks of onion, carrot and celery.
- One large chicken will yield about 4 cups of meat.
- If you prefer only white meat, use breasts only.
- When cooled remove chicken from bone, chop into pieces no bigger than a 1/2 an inch.
As written, this is way too dry. I used 1/2 c. mayonnaise instead of 1/4 c., and I really think I could have added more. I would have liked to try the tarragon but I didn't have any.
This was good but I didn't add the optional tarragon. I had to add a bit more mayo for our taste. We also found this a bit salty. I would half the seasoning salt next time. We all enjoyed this for lunch.
I made this using some deli bought chicken and some chicken left over from Chicken Paprika which gave it a hint of garlic (would recommend using a garlic mayonnaise if you were wanting this taste), I served some wrapped in flat mountain bread with lettuce, tomatoe and cucumber to the DS and DM and I had mine mixed in with penne pasta and green salad on the side. Delicious thank you Kana Kahuna, made for Healthy Choices ABC 2008.