Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this in Family Circle magazine
- 1 1⁄2 cups kamut berries (khorasan wheat)
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup mixed sprouts (pea, adzuki, or lentil blend) (optional)
- Combine Kamut berries and 4 cups water in a bowl. Soak overnight.
- Drain Kamut and transfer toa large shallow pot. Add 4 1/2 cups lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 35 minutes.
- Add broccoli and edamame to pot with Kamut. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, mustard, sugar, and 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, Kamut mixture, 3/4 cup of the dressing, and the sprouts if desired. Gently toss. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt and toss again. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for another use.