Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kamut is a type of wheat also known as Krorasan, that is powerfully nutritious - loaded with more protein, fiber many vitamins and antioxidants that "regular" wheat doesn't have. It can be found in natural food stores. The recipe can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2009/06/10/kamut-salsa-lettuce-wraps-with-cojita-cheese-crumbles/ While the kamut makes this dish extra special and almost exotic, brown rice coul be substituted.
- 236.59 ml kamut
- 946.36 ml water
- 226.79-283.49 g extra lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach leaves
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 177.44 ml Cotija cheese, (or feta), crumbled
- cook Kamut according to package directions in the water, drain if necessary.
- brown ground beef, mix in salsa, spinach leaves, and mix with cooked Kamut.
- spoon into romaine leaves.
- top with crumbled cheese.