Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I spent months developing a tasty (and easy) wheat-free bread recipe, and this is my final product. This recipe also works really nicely with spelt flour, but I'm almost as allergic to spelt as I am to wheat and, of course, spelt is not gluten-free. I'm pretty sure kamut is. Please let me know if anyone has success making this recipe with any other alternate grain flours. The xanthan gum is a critical element to provide "slice-ability" without the bread crumbling apart.
- 946.36 ml kamut flour
- 9.85 ml salt (I think this can be safely reduced, I like salt!)
- 2.46 ml xanthan gum
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml honey
- 354.88 ml warm water
- 14.78 ml active dry yeast
- Combine the first three dry ingredients (flour, salt, xanthan gum).
- Combine the liquid ingredients (oil, honey, water) in a microwaveable bowl. Warm in microwave using 30 second increments until you can mix the liquids. Do not overheat - warm to the touch is best - hot water will kill the yeast.
- Add the liquid ingredients, dry ingredients, and yeast in the order specified by your bread machine manufacturer (mine is liquid on bottom, dry next, and yeast on top).
- Use a basic bread and light crust setting.
OMG!...I just made this recipe again and this time, I added a tsp of cinnamon and a few handfulls of raisins!.....AWSOME!
this works better for me with 2 cups of liquid and i only use 1tsp salt sea salt
This is a great recipe. Very versitile. Although, I use 2 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt. I also use guar gum instead of the xanthan gum.