3 hrs 10 mins
I spent months developing a tasty (and easy) wheat-free bread recipe, and this is my final product. This recipe also works really nicely with spelt flour, but I'm almost as allergic to spelt as I am to wheat and, of course, spelt is not gluten-free. I'm pretty sure kamut is. Please let me know if anyone has success making this recipe with any other alternate grain flours. The xanthan gum is a critical element to provide "slice-ability" without the bread crumbling apart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first three dry ingredients (flour, salt, xanthan gum).
- 2Combine the liquid ingredients (oil, honey, water) in a microwaveable bowl. Warm in microwave using 30 second increments until you can mix the liquids. Do not overheat - warm to the touch is best - hot water will kill the yeast.
- 3Add the liquid ingredients, dry ingredients, and yeast in the order specified by your bread machine manufacturer (mine is liquid on bottom, dry next, and yeast on top).
- 4Use a basic bread and light crust setting.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kamut Flour Bread for Bread Machine (Wheat-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.6
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4671.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 69.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: