Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a U of Hawaii website. Evidently the kamaboko available in Hawaii is much larger that the crab sticks that are available in the US midwest, but I hope they will be an acceptable substitute. Since there is such a strong Japanese influence on the culture of Hawaii, I'm including this for ZWT 7.
- 8 ounces imitation crab sticks (kamaboko)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (or shredded cabbage)
- 4 ounces pasta (small shells or any other, cooked and seasoned with salt)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut the crab sticks (kamaboko) into thin slices horizontally.
- Mix all the ingredients together (kamaboko, celery, noodles, green onions, salt, pepper and mayonnaise.)
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
Very good!! I used the celery and left out the green onion and used whole grain macaroni. I also added some hot sauce to spice it up and added some dried dill weed. We didn't have lettuce leaves so we just had this as a main salad.
Followed your recipe right on down although I did use just a pinch of salt then used lemon pepper instead of the regular stuff! Makes a very nice tasting, flavorful & satisfying salad! I enjoyed it so much that now I really need to do this one for special company sometime! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for I Recommend recipe tag]
I used fusilli pasta. I didn't add salt because of DH. We all enjoyed this recipe. I thought DH would not like it as much because there is mayo in it but he liked it and gave it 5 stars. This is very refreshing and I'll do it often. Thanks Linky :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7