From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have the butcher crack the meat bones in several places.
- 2Place in a stockpot and cover with boiling water.
- 3Add vegetables and spices.
- 4Simmer until the meat falls off the bone.
- 5Drain, reserving broth.
- 6Remove all meat from bones and reserve.
- 7Return all the picked over particles and bones back to the broth; simmer until broth is reduced to one quart.
- 8Strain and set aside to cool.
- 9Skim off any fat.
- 10When the meat is nearly cold, cut into small dice.
- 11Add back to cooled broth with salt, pepper and vinegar; mix well.
- 12Spray a loaf pan lightly with cooking spray; turn meaty broth into pan and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 13Unmold and cut into slices for serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalvsylta - Jellied Veal
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.0
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 1033.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 58.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: