Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
--Adopted Recipe--Cooking time includes standing time.
Make and share this Kalter Kartoffelsalat (cold Potato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- water, boiling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water.
- Dice cooked potatoes. Add oil and minced onion; toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup potato water to a boil; pour over potatoes and onion.
- Hold at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, and dill seed.
- Potato salad will be creamy. Serve at room temperature.