Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
--Adopted Recipe--Cooking time includes standing time.
Make and share this Kalter Kartoffelsalat (cold Potato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water.
- Dice cooked potatoes. Add oil and minced onion; toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup potato water to a boil; pour over potatoes and onion.
- Hold at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, and dill seed.
- Potato salad will be creamy. Serve at room temperature.