This is a spicy christmas version of the original kalter hund dessert. It uses speculaas or gingerbread men cookies to add a subtle spice. If you feel you might want some more holiday flavour, add some mixed spice or cinnamon to the chocolate cream mixture or serve this with a ginger flavoured whipped cream.
My Private Note
small l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat your rice cream on the stove-top or in the microwave (I used a microwave-safe bowl and heated the cream at 765 watts for 1:20 min).
- 2Add in the chocolate pieces (and mixed spice if using) and stir until smooth.
- 3Line a small loaf pan (about 7X3 inches) with cling film and start assembling your dessert by covering the base of the pan with chocolate.
- 4Continue by layering speculaas or gingerbread cookies, banana and chocolate into the pan until you have used up everything. The last layer should be chocolate (I got 9 layers in total).
- 5Place dessert in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours, best overnight.
- 6Slice and enjoy. :) Its great with additional fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalter Hund (German Chocolate Dessert) - Christmas Version
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.7
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: