Recipe by Lalaloula
This German dessert is very popular at birthday parties and potlucks. It features plain cookies, chocolate and in this variation of the classic also bananas for a fruity touch. Usually it contains eggs and/or copha, but this version is vegan and also copha-free! :) Feel free to use your favourite plain vegan cookies in this. Note please: This needs to chill for at least 3 hours.
- 150 ml rice cream (soy might also work, but I have not tried that, if non-vegan just use regular cream)
- 250 g bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces (make sure its vegan)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 100 g vegan cookies (I used digestives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your rice cream on the stove-top or in the microwave (I used a microwave-safe bowl and heated the cream at 765 watts for 1:20 min).
- Add in the chocolate pieces and stir until smooth.
- Line a small loaf pan (about 7X3 inches) with cling film and start assembling your dessert by covering the base of the pan with chocolate.
- Continue by layering cookies, banana and chocolate into the pan until you have used up everything. The last layer should be chocolate (I got 9 layers in total).
- Place dessert in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours, best overnight.
- Slice and enjoy. :) Its great with additional fruit.