Recipe by Polar Bear
This is the original recipe for that famous German pastry. It consists of biscuits placed on top of one another with chocolate filling in between. This recipe has been in the family of my husband for years. Prep time is cook time
- 500 g coconut fat (palmin)
- 4 eggs
- 330 g sugar
- 115 g cacao (chocolate)
- 2 1⁄2 packages butter cookies
- 3 -5 drops rum (optional)
- 3 tablespoons nescafe instant coffee
- 2 packages vanilla powder
- Mix the eggs with the sugar until foamy.
- Add cacao through a sieve and the other spices/flavorings.
- Let the coconut fat melt on a pan on low heat and add it to the mixture.
- With a baking pan or mold lined with baking paper, add alternating layers of chocolate and cookies.
- The topmost layer and the sides should be chocolate.
- Put it in the fridge and wait 2-3 days.