Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe combines tender chicken, spices and yogurt to make a quick, tasty curry served with rice and tomato salad.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken fillets, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- boiled rice, to serve
For the tomato salad
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- squeeze lemon juice
- handful fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok. Add the bay leaf, cloves and peppercorns, and fry briefly, stirring in the ginger and garlic pastes.
- After 30 seconds, add the chicken and mix well.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder and salt and allow the chicken to cook in its juices.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a serving dish. Season with a sprinkling of salt and lemon juice. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Stir the yoghurt into the chicken, mixing well.
- Heat the chicken curry through, check the seasoning and serve with boiled rice and the tomato salad.
Thanks for a great one. Super quick, really easy, very tasty, a winner all around. I added some peas and served with saffron rice. I did not have ginger paste so I just chopped up some ginger really finely and added that. It worked out great. Will make this again for sure!