Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This literally translates to the "succulent breast of chicken cooked in peppery gravy". Enjoy!
- 600 g boneless chicken breasts
- 200 g hung curds
- 25 g ginger paste
- 25 g garlic paste
- 10 g white pepper powder
- 10 g black pepper
- 15 g garam masala powder
- 20 ml oil
- 10 g dried methi leaves, crumbled between palms
- 150 ml cashew nuts paste
- 5 g cumin powder
- 15 g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 15 g fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 200 g onions, chopped
- 100 g pickled mango chutney
- 50 ml chili oil
- 15 g green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, julienned
For cashewnut paste
- water, as required
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl and apply the ginger-garlic pastes and salt, mix it well on the breasts and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the cashewnut paste by boiling onions, cashews and water together for 10 minutes and then cooking on low for another 10 minutes. Then, puree it in a blender to make paste. Else, you may use readymade cashewnut paste from the market.
- Add hung curd, garam masala powder and black pepper to the chicken breasts and keep aside for 30 minutes. This is the 'marinade'.
- Then, char grill the chicken in the tandoor.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add ginger juliennes and green chillies.
- Saute for a few minutes until the raw smell of ginger is gone.
- Add onions and continue to saute until golden brown.
- Stir in the cashewnut paste and let it cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, kasoori methi, chopped mint and corriander leaves followed by the chicken.
- Mix well and cook for 10 minutes on low.
- Serve hot garnished with chilli oil, mint sprigs and crushed pepper.