Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. This easy recipe comes from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 lbs veal roast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons fat or 3 tablespoons drippings
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together; dredge veal with mixture.
- Place on a rack in an open roasting pan, place in oven and roast until tender (allowing 25 minutes per pound).
- Baste occasionally with melted drippings.