Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. These meatballs are delicious served with tomato sauce or cream gravy. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 lb veal, ground
- 1 lb pork, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until done.