2 hrs 15 mins
Before you say "ick" to tongue, ask yourself if you like brisket or corned beef. If your answer is yes then you'll love tongue, which has a very pleasant beefy flavor. Allow 1/4 to 1/2 pound of meat per serving. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place tongues, bay leaves, onion, peppercorns and salt in a stockpot; cover with water.
- 2Cook until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 3Remove the skin and root ends; cut in half lengthwise.
- 4Strain liquid; add flour mixed with a little water and the horseradish.
- 5Cook until smooth, stirring constantly.
- 6Place tongues on a serving platter and pour sauce over.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalf Tong - Calf's Tongue
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7088.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: