Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
An easy, savory side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup finely diced yellow squash
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (2 ounce) packagespring vegetable soup mix (Knorr)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add in the onion and carrot; stir/saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add in the zucchini, yellow squash, and rice; stir to blend.
- Gradually pour in the water, then stir in the soup mix.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 16-18-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add in pepper to taste, if desired.