Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a kid recipe, although if it floats your boat you can eat it too! My son LOVES this. I serve it to him as a breakfast or a snack. Very easy....must have a food processer.
- 1 piece toast (or two)
- 0.25 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 large banana
- 4 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- Put toast in toaster for desired darkness. I find that when Kaleb teeths, he likes his toast crisper.
- Put all other ingredients in food processer except wheat germ. Process until creamy, some chunks are okay.
- Butter your bread if desired, then spread banana cream over toast. Cut in four little squares and top with wheat germ.
This was just a delight to have for breakfast this morning. I think next time I'll try Swedish Chef's suggestion and add some nutmeg or cinnamon to increase the flavor just a little. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
This was a delightful little gem of a recipe! After whipping it together, I decided to add the smallest pinch of nutmeg to it and WOW!, what a difference it made! First had it on plain toast, then tried it on cinnamon-raisin toast and that was a real winner. Can be made ahead and enjoyed later or the next day, too. Made for Spring PAC 2010.