This is a nice recipe for a Nutritarian eating style. It works equally well with other greens like chard or collard greens. You can reduce prep time by using frozen kale and jarred garlic.
- Remove the center stem from the kale and discard. Wash and chop kale leaves and set aside. If you don't know how to remove the stems from kale, Google: remove kale stems.
- Coat large frying pan or dutch oven (at least 5 quarts) with olive oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 30 seconds, adding small amount of sherry if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the remaining sherry, raisins, chickpeas and as much kale as you can fit in the pan. Cover and allow the kale to wilt down. Mix well, then continue adding kale until all kale has been added.
- Cook until kale is tender, adding small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add walnuts and mix well before serving.