Kale With Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- Rinse the kale and remove the fibrous middle rib, slice the leaves into ribbons.
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant. Then add the onions and saute together, stirring constantly until the onions are limp. Do not allow the garlic or onions to brown.
- Add the kale and saute for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently to prevent the greens from scorching.
- Add the tomatoes and green chiles and salt and pepper to taste, stirring everything together and cooking until heated through--about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or combine with blackeyed peas or refried beans and rice to make a tasty and hearty filling for vegetarian wraps.