Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mixed with rice, and blackeyed peas or refried beans, this makes a great filling for healthy, vegetarian wraps
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 yellow onions or 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- Rinse the kale and remove the fibrous middle rib, slice the leaves into ribbons.
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant. Then add the onions and saute together, stirring constantly until the onions are limp. Do not allow the garlic or onions to brown.
- Add the kale and saute for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently to prevent the greens from scorching.
- Add the tomatoes and green chiles and salt and pepper to taste, stirring everything together and cooking until heated through--about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or combine with blackeyed peas or refried beans and rice to make a tasty and hearty filling for vegetarian wraps.
We really enjoyed this dish and it was great mixed in with brown rice. We are new to Kale and this dish will be a repeat
This is delicious, and really easy... Kale is so good for you, and many people don't use it because they don't know any yummy ways to cook it. This recipe rocked! THANK YOU