Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
Nutricious, yummy comfort food. Perfect for a cold Canadian winter night with some crusty bread.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (more if you like heat)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 lb kale
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into bite sized pieces (any smoked cooked sausage will do)
- Cook Bacon in skillet till crisp.
- Drain, Crumble, set aside.
- Add onions to pan.
- Cook till softened.
- Add Garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add broth, beans and Kale cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in Sausage and reserved bacon.
- Cook another 30 min on high till heated.
Too bland. Needs more spices.
Very good! I didn't have quite enough kale, so I added some celery to make up the difference. Thanks for sharing!