Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Simply Recipes. Sooooo good!!!
- 1⁄2 cup dried arame sea vegetables (food-grade seaweed)
- dark sesame oil, about 2 Tbsp
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1 bunch kale (we used dinosaur kale for fun)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the seaweed in water and let soak, covered in water for 5-7 minutes. Drain seaweed and place in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of dark sesame oil and the minced ginger.
- 2 Prepare kale by soaking in water to loosen any dirt, rinsing thoroughly. Chop cross-wise into 1-inch by 2-inch pieces.
- In a large covered skillet, uncover and heat 2 teaspoons of dark sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and gently sauté for one minute, until fragrant. Add the seaweed and ginger, gently cook for 1 minute. Remove seaweed/ginger/garlic from pan back to the bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in the skillet. Add the chopped kale. Add 3 Tbsp of Braggs.
- Gently mix in the pan to coat the kale with the oil and Bragg. Cover; lower heat to low; let cook for 5-10 minutes or until kale is wilted - soft enough to eat easily, but not so soft as to be mushy.
- Remove cover and let cook a minute more to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the kale with the seaweed ginger mixture. Add more sesame oil and Braggs to taste. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.