Kale With Roasted Peppers and Olives
- Cut the kale into bite-size pieces, removing any tough stems. Rinse and shake dry.
- Warm the oil and garlic in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Remove the garlic as soon as it browns (don't let it burn).
- Add the kale and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover and add the sugar, salt, olives, and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon into a serving dish; scatter the garlic over the top. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature.