Recipe by A. Deume
This recipe makes me want to eat more vegetables. It has a lot of flavor, isn't too difficult to prepare, and surprisingly gets better with reheating. Also try it with a little bit of hot sauce. I stole the recipe from my friend, Stephanie, who stole it from her dad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (leaves only)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Sauté the onion and celery over medium-heat, about five minutes, to release flavors.
- Reduce heat, stir in kale (note: will shrink a lot).
- Add stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 10.
- Add tomato during the last 5 minutes.