Recipe by COOKGIRl
From our CSA box via Martha Stewart Living and adapted by me. Note: When Meyer lemons are available here again, I will test using one Meyer lemon and possibly update the recipe... Spinach, bok choy,( maybe arugula?) can replace the kale if desired.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium walla walla onion, peeled and sliced into crescents
- 1 medium lemon (sliced thinly, seeds removed and slices cut into eighths)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon Agave
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale, tough stems & ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, lemon and honey and cook, stirring, until lemon begins to break down and the honey and onion start to caramelize, about 3-4 minutes. *LOWER* heat if the honey starts to burn though!
- Add kale and garlic; cook, stirring, until kale is just wilted, abut 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.